So I turned 28 last week. I know it’s quite late to be posting a birthday entry now but this is my blog and I believe I can write anything I want when I want (hehe), so here goes…
14 + 14 = 28
I like to celebrate my birthday by doing two things: thankfully remembering what has happened and looking hopefully to the future. In that way, the celebration is meaningful and exciting. So here’s a list of 14 things I’m most grateful for and 14 things I’m looking forward to this year. There’s a lot that I can think of but, hopefully, narrowing it down to this number will make it easier for me to write and for you to read.
14 THINGS I’M THANKFUL FOR
14. This tiny, and oftentimes messy, studio apartment I currently call home
13. Having been given the opportunity to keep my job (which I sincerely enjoy) and work from home.
12. God making Himself ever-present in my life day in and day out
11. My Kindle
10. Shoes and clothes!
09. The internet
08. Color. All color.
07. My Friends. Friends I grew up with, friends I met within the last two years, friends I work with, friends who are much younger than me but who I enjoy hanging out with, friends who I stopped being friends with at some point but in time have become my good friends again, friends who live far away, friends I meet every Monday for fellowship and study of the Word: You all keep me sane. Even if most of you are crazy, you still help keep my head in place. I love you all!
06. FOOD! What is life without it?!
05. Trips to the beach
04. My Garcia and Cosio Families. “Dadiboy”, Mommy Toying, Kuya Von, Ate Cecille, Kuya Archie, Ellis, Daniel, Abiel, Freana, Krell, Papa Gus, Mommy Nelle, Ate Marts, Ton, Kiddo, Amy, Vito and Cadey: Life is an adventure with you all. Thank you for accepting me, instructing me, supporting me and making me happy in many ways.
03. Having experienced pain and glory of pregnancy and childbirth
02. Summer, my little ball of sunshine! Having you turned my life around.
01. Kayo. I am happiest and most fulfilled when I’m with you. You are God’s most amazing blessing.
14 THINGS I EAGERLY LOOK FORWARD TO:
14. Moving to a new and bigger place (Happening within the next month!) and decorating it
13. Drawing and painting more
12. Reaching my goal to read 30 books or more this year (With the Kindle, it’s possible!)
11. Meeting people and making new friends
10. Discovering good restaurants or food and dessert places with the hubby
09. Having more picnics and trips to the beach with the family
08. Learning to cook new dishes and maybe even try baking
07. Celebrating two years of marriage
06. Summer learning to say “Mommy/Mama” and watching her reach more milestones
05. Summer’s first birthday and first birthday party!
04. Growing in my craft and producing inspired designs that will move people
03. Spending more time with friends. As Summer gets older, I’m hoping to do that.
02. Becoming a better wife and mom. I know this can only be learned through experience and even making mistakes but I am open to all that. Game on!
01. Growing another year older with Kayo and still discovering new things about each other